Feedback on the Kickstarter page of my game.

There's only need for one forum for now. Discuss development. No advertising or thinly veiled attempts at advertising. Create a single thread for your project and be prepared to show and tell.
salemir

Feedback on the Kickstarter page of my game.

Post by salemir »

Hi!
can you please give feedback about my Kickstarter page, please?
It will be hugely appreciated. you can see it by the link below.

The Kickstarter page
100goats

Re: Feedback on the Kickstarter page of my game.

Post by 100goats »

I will give some feedback that may help.

I recommend not doing kickstarter. Too much risk. If the game is not delivered, you will be held accountable by 100's of angry investors.
Instead, finish the game with the comfort and stability of a stable job and release it for sale when it is ready.

Anyway, I will give feedback on the kickstarter. It is difficult to convince me to invest in anything that is not stock or antiques.
I gave some honest, but blunt feedback.
This project is my turning point!
This game is gonna figure out my life!
As I said before, I just need to have you next to me and believe in me, while I bring this product to life.
I REEAAALLY love development, but you know what they say about "go big or go home" so let's see how much you love this game."

* Financial support for a developer is like a SUPER Kinetic energy in its blood cells to work harder on the game! so... let me inject your support into myself & develop a Real Real GoOoD game!

* I believe in Parasight, I've worked on it for months and this game is so special to me. I know that the final game is going to be great. I'm so sure that when I reach my goal, I will quit my current job to work on my game full-time. currently, I'm working on my game only in my free time.
I recommend removing these lines.

This is going to be harsh, but true.

Investors are not your friends. They don't care about your personal life. They want the game or their money. That's it.
If you are struggling with something, it is just a sign that they won't get what they paid for.

Also, as a potential investor, I say that it does not make sense to pay for 1 person's time to make a big video game
and trust that it is going to be good.
Most good paid video games are made by teams of people and take years to make.

What makes sense is paying for content to be added to the game and seeing that content being added to the game.

It is clear that you have passion, but passion is not stable. It comes and goes away very quickly.
If anyone is going to give money to something, it has to be something stable.

What is stable and trustworthy is results and a history of hard work.

"I always say: (PARASIGHT IS REALLY MORE THAN THIS!)
What you see in the DEMO is LESS than 5 percent of the full game.
If you know what is my vision for the final version of the game you would set a reminder right now.
so, I REEEAAALLY need your trust, to show you how I can make a LEGENDARY VIDEO GAME!"
The demo is good, but very short and has little content. It doesn't prove very much. This description makes me wonder if the other 95 percent of the game will be short and with little content like the demo.

Also don't say it will be legendary. Be realistic and informative about your product. Say instead it will have these features and/or it will be fun.

Also don't say "if you know what is my vision, you would do this", this should not be hypothetical, it should be clear and known from
reading the kickstarter page.

In general, there is too much text to read through. Organize the gameplay features into a nicely formatted list of features.

Also, be professional. Don't use all capital letters or say really or legendary.

I can trust someone who speaks professionally. I can't trust a stranger who does not speak professionally , especially if it has to do with money.
salemir

Re: Feedback on the Kickstarter page of my game.

Post by salemir »

Thank you so much for the feedback!
I would finish my game if I could, but I need the money to develop the game.
In the part in which you said, "good games come from big teams" you know there are many great games which were created by just one person.
like Undertale, Stardew Valley, Bright Memory, Thomas Was Alone, Minecraft, Cave Story. I know it's hard but It's Not Impossible.
Also, I'm passionate and I love developing games I'm 100% sure of that.