retooling a concept

There's only need for one forum for now. Discuss development. No advertising or thinly veiled attempts at advertising. Create a single thread for your project and be prepared to show and tell.
DietMoogle

retooling a concept

Post by DietMoogle »

Hi. Diet Moogle here.

listen, my friend and I are on the road to becoming Game devs,

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm personally an animation person..

and to be honest, My friend has gone through college for Gaming, and I want to be the best animator ever by going to animation college, so Gaming could Exercise my animation muscles.

so yeah. I'm not introducing myself. since this forum doesn't have a place for that. however, this forum knows where I am so I am to use this site with extreme caution. sooooooooooooooooooooooo what did I interrupt my week from Christmas over?

well, I had this idea in my head about a Ghost.

That's right. A Ghost.

I got the idea from when I learned that "The Indians thought steam out of a wound in the cold was their soul" thing.
but, I remember going ice fishing with my father that winter. so I thought "hey, what if an old Grandmother went to the Spirit world and became a
Jack of all trades?" I wanted to make it like a kid's brand like... sigh.... I wanted to make it to sell millions of dollars in merchandise in toy sales alone. but still, Animaniacs level of adult humor and stuff.

so yeah. My friend who graduated College wants to make a game out of this. I think I might need to retool this concept. help!

also, Merry Christmas!

may all your Switches and PS6's be white!

...................not that I have a preference.
100goats

Re: retooling a concept

Post by 100goats »

Welcome to the forums!

Why do you want to retool the concept?

It seems you may want to retool the game concept to make it sell.

If your goal is to make a product that will sell well, I suggest reading some marketing, business, and product development books for advice and ideas.

Private message me for business book recommendations if you are interested.
DietMoogle

Re: retooling a concept

Post by DietMoogle »

well I always have pie in the sky ideas,

in fact as an aspiring animator, I recently let go of the preconceived notion of going to Hollywood.

I just kind of want to retool the concept because, well...,for starters, I think that there's like no world where this takes place, but my friend with the College experience in gaming said he wants to do it, let's get one thing out of the way about this "Otis":

it's a boy's name! and people I've told about this idea to think it shouldn't be for children! And yes, I was thinking like Animaniacs level of half kids' half adults audiences, so yeah, I never made a game before! in fact I'm starting to get better at video games myself! do you have any idea how far I once got in Donkey Kong Country the other night?