Skyhop - Free PC Platformer Game

There's only need for one forum for now. Discuss development. No advertising or thinly veiled attempts at advertising. Create a single thread for your project and be prepared to show and tell.
Shiny Emerald

Skyhop - Free PC Platformer Game

Post by Shiny Emerald »

​Hello,

I've just released my first 3D game. It is a first-person parkour platformer settled in space.

​Story

​Humans are building a new international space station. Unfortunately Aliens have sabotaged the systems and the whole station is flooded with acid. As you jump around on the scaffolding, you need to kill the aliens and find out a secret colour code, which you can use to repair the systems of the space station, so the humans can continue the building process.

​Trailer

​​You can watch the Trailer for the game here: https://youtu.be/0BITALAyRHM

​​Download Link

​The game is free and available for Windows, Linux and Mac: https://shiny-emerald-games.itch.io/skyhop
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto von 2021-09-03 20-28-23.png
Bildschirmfoto von 2021-09-03 20-28-23.png (722.54 KiB) Viewed 10564 times
Bildschirmfoto von 2021-08-28 16-27-07.png
Bildschirmfoto von 2021-08-28 16-27-07.png (616.48 KiB) Viewed 10564 times
100goats

Re: Skyhop - Free PC Platformer Game

Post by 100goats »

I tried the Linux build.

I like the idea of the game. I am a fan of 3d platformers.

However, I am not sure if it was an intentional design choice to have the player accelerate so quickly.
Moving the character feels like driving a fast car and jumping precisely is very difficult.

If you want to make it easy for players to jump, I suggest decreasing the acceleration and top speed of the character
and making the jump arc smaller.

I could not get wall run to work. Does wall run work by jumping to the wall, then moving forward with W key?
gavinjustin

Re: Skyhop - Free PC Platformer Game

Post by gavinjustin »

Skyhop is a platform game that focuses on reflex and timing. It is a first-person parkour platformer settled in space.