New Indie Game Dev -looking for some committed help.

There's only need for one forum for now. Discuss development. No advertising or thinly veiled attempts at advertising. Create a single thread for your project and be prepared to show and tell.
GRektGaming

New Indie Game Dev -looking for some committed help.

Post by GRektGaming »

Good day,

I am new to the forum so please forgive me if this post is not allowed, I am a very amateur game dev with some experience in Unity and Unreal plus a few RPG makers/game dev programs on steam. I've been able to make a few fun projects but never really seen any potential in going further with the ideas, I also do a lot of Digital Design so being able to make my 2d/3d objects come to life in a game was the best feeling for me and I just wanted to keep creating new ideas till I found that "Golden Goose". After 2years of this process I think I finally found it, I have been heavily working on the obj files and artwork now coming to the building process and Ill be honest I'm having troubles even beginning. I want to give as much information as possible but as this may lead to something very big I have to keep it simple, should the right person(s) come along I would be willing to share some artwork and more detailed info.

First, This is a crypto currency based game. Your "payment" would be a share in the games holdings and recognition. Beyond that I can't explain much more how that works without giving away to much information, depending how large the team gets would depict your share as everyone even me will get equal shares at launch of game. Quite honestly I am looking for one special dev to share this idea with and split 50/50 however I understand with some of the games needs we may need to expand the team based upon unforeseen events.

This is unlike other video games, it wouldn't need any online mmo or major controller needs however I would need some support coding the game to run on a webpage that would integrate Chrome/IE plugin crypto wallets eg. Coin base wallet, Meta Mask, Binance Chain. I have more examples of the use case needed but that's about as much information I am willing to give at this time.

If you are interested please do not hesitate to shoot me a PM, I will only be answering simple questions that do not reveal to much about the game so I am sorry if I don't answer everyone's replies in this thread. Only PM and Serious inquires will be briefed more.

Thank you,
GRekt Studios.
Deckhead
Site Admin

Re: New Indie Game Dev -looking for some committed help.

Post by Deckhead »

I'll leave this up because looking for teammates is a-OK.

I have some experience developing block chains. What is your idea?

I had an idea where you could incorporate distributed block-chain calculations when a game is paused or loading as a way of making a game free. Of course, you would need to be upfront with it, but it seemed like an easy way to ask for payment. Assuming of course enough people played your game to make it worthwhile.
Developer of The Last Boundary and webmaster of IndieGameDev.net
GRektGaming

Post by GRektGaming »

Firstly thank you for the response and allowing the thread to continue, secondly I was more looking to keep things private but for others reading I will give a more of a description. I am developing BlockChain Derby, a horse racing app where you bet on Crypto named horses. The odds of the horse would correspond to the price of the crypto currency, only coins the dev team chooses will be added so to keep any major losses arising with super volatile coins. There will be an initial IPO for the games cryptocurrency that will be built on BSC, as well I have a few NFT's planned that will help fund the dev team and allow owners to become apart of the ALPHA/BETA test's when they own the NFT. Betting would be done with the games crypto currency however I will also be launching a separate site with a swap that will allow users to basically use any coin to purchase the games currency. I also have been thinking about not only using a game currency but instead of using other cryptocurrency for the horses but instead building a token on BSC for each horse, there are many ideas and opportunities to look at but the artwork has been consuming me so I thought I would reach out to some indie dev communities to see if anyone is interested in starting something new.
Deckhead
Site Admin

Post by Deckhead »

I personally don't think gambling is something that should exist. So I'll say no.

I'll leave it up though in case someone else is interested.
Developer of The Last Boundary and webmaster of IndieGameDev.net