Silverest and Tools and HI

There's only need for one forum for now. Discuss development. No advertising or thinly veiled attempts at advertising. Create a single thread for your project and be prepared to show and tell.
Grindalf

Silverest and Tools and HI

Post by Grindalf »

Ok first off Hi everybody this is my first post and seeing as how this place seems to have no specific spots for posting specific content yet I will combine everything in one big post.
I have been programming for several years and mostly use the Blitz line of products(Currently Using BlitzMax) my main project at the moment is a first person dungeon crawler done in the same style and feeling as Dungeon Master.
A couple of screen shots of the game in action

Intro screen(not sure why I decided to finish this part already, I find finishing the start screen first is normally a bad sign :P )
[video][/video]

I made a few tools to help me make the game which I thought other people might find useful as well.
The first is a tool for creating the static images used to create the pseudo3D effect
https://grindalf.itch.io/dungeon-view-maker
[video][/video]

the second is a tool for creating characters mostly for jrpg style games(does a walk cycle N,E,S,W)
https://grindalf.itch.io/pixel-character-maker
[video][/video]

Sorry about my talking in those videos :P

I am also making a tool to create all my equipment and icons but this one is not finished yet.

I'm hoping this place is friendly and active, I miss Forums, Discord just is not the same :P
100goats

Re: Silverest and Tools and HI

Post by 100goats »

Welcome!

Your project looks interesting!

Edit:
It is partially active here. It has been becoming more active on here recently due to more members joining.
Grindalf

Re: Silverest and Tools and HI

Post by Grindalf »

Hi 100goats(interesting name) I posted on a few different forums recently and although I had a lot more views on my posts I either got an aggressive response or no response at all so this place seems the most friendly place I've found recently so I think I will stick around :D