There's only need for one forum for now. Discuss development. No advertising or thinly veiled attempts at advertising. Create a single thread for your project and be prepared to show and tell.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:44 am
- Location: Sydney, Australia
This forum is a sort of experiment. I have heard recently from a few different people directly, and a few different people indirectly, that there's something missing in all the current GameDev forums:
- GameDev.net is just ugly and a mess, with weirdly low activity
- TigSource has a lack of community, only a few people are actively talking about games, with a lot of people only posting adverts
- /r/GameDev doesn't have any discussion on GameDev
- IndieDB is dead (not as dead as here though)
- Yoyo Games is only for GameMaker
- StackExchange GameDev is not a community
- Various Discord servers have power-hungry admins and you miss out on discussions
And so, I'm hoping to create a community here of developers who are interested and actively:
- Posting updates to their projects and answering questions that come up, spinning off into discussions
- Actively participating in these discussions and talking to other developers on their projects
I really want to foster a motivating community, that's my goal. As such I will be an active community member and as the sole administrator and moderator, I can make any changes needed as soon as they're needed. If you have ideas or suggestions, I can pretty much implement them whenever.
Assuming this place works out, I'll pretty up the forum a bit. If it doesn't pan out, I'll just close it down. So go ahead and post, ask questions, start discussions and spread the word.